Wilf Campus Updates on COVID-19
As you are aware, the impact of the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak affects all aspects of our lives. This situation is unprecedented, and the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Department of Health (DOH) is fluid and evolving. Even with all the uncertainty, our primary focus continues to be the safety and well-being of our residents, patients and staff.
As a senior care facility, the Wilf Campus for Senior Living is always aware of contagious viruses and the significant impact it can have on our population. While we already have policies and protocols in place that are designed to limit the spread of contagions, we have implemented some restrictions and additional steps to keep our residents, patients and staff safe.
Following guidelines provided by the CDC and the DOH, the following restrictions and safety measures have been taken at Stein Assisted Living:
- Stein Assisted Living continues to restrict visitors to allow only healthcare professionals and staff into the facility. Family members are allowed to come into the facility only in end-of-life situations. Visitors who are here to see residents in that circumstance will still need to meet the screening requirements.
- All essential healthcare workers will continue to be screened for symptoms and travel history and will maintain strict infection prevention precautions while on Campus.
- Stein Assisted Living has canceled all outside entertainment and programs. We continue to find new and innovative ways to keep our residents happy, healthy and engaged during these difficult times of social isolation.
- We know that communication with loved ones is very important and ask families to consider other means of communication, including phone or video conferencing. Our staff is available to help families FaceTime or video conference with their loved one.
- Unfortunately, family members will not be able to join residents for Passover in our community this year. We also strongly encourage families to not take loved ones home with you for Passover. Should they decide to do so, residents will have to stay quarantined in his/her room for 14 days after his/her return.
As we continue to follow the guidance from the CDC and DOH, we have kept in constant contact with our residents, patients and their families, providing ongoing updates via email and phone calls. Our staff in every department continue to show us their very best. They are showing up for work and providing quality care with a smile. Many are picking up multiple shifts and are showing their dedication to our residents.
For those in need of help at home, rest assured that our staff at Wilf At Home and Stein Hospice are available to provide quality home health and hospice services. Our staff utilize PPE during all direct care and contact with patients and are conducting risk assessment on each visit. In addition, Wilf Transport is available to provide transportation to dialysis or doctor’s appointments. We are taking all necessary precautions to keep our clients safe, including limiting rides to one client at a time and regularly cleaning and disinfecting our vehicles.
We are continuing to monitor the situation very closely and remain in contact with our government partners. As this situation is constantly evolving and changing, we will communicate with you and inform you of any changes that are being implemented.
Thank you for your support and cooperation during this unprecedented situation.