Applesauce Matzoh Kugel is one of the few recipes we have adapted from a regular year-round recipe. We enjoy this kugel with both matzoh and noodles, and love to serve it at special occasions.
3 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring (optional)
3/4-1 cup sugar
1 jar of applesauce
Butter or margerine
1. Beat together – eggs, cinnamon, vanilla and sugar.
2. Crumble four matzot into a colander. Run under warm or boiling water and drain.
3. Fold the matzoh into the egg mixture.
4. Spread half of egg/matzoh mixture in greased 9×9 pan.
5. Pour 1 jar applesauce over the top.
6. Top with rest of egg/matzoh mixture.
7. Dot with butter or margarine and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
*This recipe has been tripled & an additional two whole eggs have been added*